Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Why I go to college

In class today we talked about personal finance. Investment was a big topic. It was brought up right at the end that ladies should not rely on their husband and not be able to support themselves. He told of someone that holds a respectable calling in the church that is cheating on his wife. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!? If I was the wife, I am pretty sure he would not be able to walk and/or have kids ever again in this life! But the point was made that we, women, should be able to support ourselves if the time comes. One of my biggest pet peeves is to hear that a girl is here at BYU just to find a husband. Why spend thousands of dollars if you are not going to use it? And what happens if your hubby isn't who is was when you were married. I am not about to sit back and let myself be walked on in that situation. I am a strong believer that you should not be totally dependent on any human because they are faulty and do not follow through with everything they say they will. Well, there is my cynical side for you! 


1 comment:

Abigail said...

Hi Susan! I just realized that I didn't have a link to your blog from mine, but don't worry...I added one! I hate those stories about Mormon people cheating on their spouse. Makes you sick, doesn't it? I'm so glad you are in college so we can have basically all our classes together!