Thursday, October 1, 2009

My Life

I have always been one to hate talking about myself. I love listening to others and hearing their stories. I just have always felt that I have nothing exciting to talk about my own life. Who wants to know what I did this morning or what I encountered. Now there are exceptions, if something totally bizarre happens or I had a really bad day and needed to vent to a friend I would. But lately, I have noticed myself talking more and more about me. I have been trying to figure out why the shift. First, I think to myself, "I hope I am not talking to much, and boring this poor person." Second, is what I am saying really that important that I hear myself tell people over and over (not to the same person, but to different people).

What am I telling people... the answer to the almighty questions "What are you doing when you graduate?" and every variation of that question. (Abby, I am right there with you). But, it is slightly exciting to have something to tell them. "I might be teaching English in Taiwan for 6 months to a year starting in Jan." The might be part is because i STILL don't know.

But I am sure when I graduate and figure out what I am doing... or have nothing to do because the economy still sucks... I will go back to not talking about myself and dreading to meet new people because that means... I have to talk about myself.


1 comment:

Pierce and Stacy said...

Huh, I don't have a problem talking about myself at all. (That might be a problem right there....) jk.

I understand what you're talking about though. Sometimes in the middle of a conversation, in which I am talking, I think to myself, "does this person even care? Do I sound totally stupid?" And then I just keep going. :)

Love you Sus. Please, talk more about yourself, so I don't have to listen to my own voice!