Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Adventure Number 1- Tokyo

I left for Taiwan yesterday morning. I was excited and nervous for the upcoming events. I think I was more nervous about flying than acutally being in Taiwan. First leg of the flight, Baltimore to Minneapolis, went smoothly. In Minneapolis my flight to Tokyo was delayed for three hours, thus making me miss my flight to Taipei. Now I have to spend the night in Tokyo, well I guess I should say I get to spend the night. Unfortunately I am in a airport hotel and it was 8 pm by the time I stepped outside after getting off the plane, figuring out my flight schedule and going through customs, so I will not actually get to see Tokyo really, but it is on my passport saying I was here!!

Luckily the airline arranged the flight for me to get to Taipei so I did not have to worry about that hassle. A lot of people on the flight missed their connections. The hotel is very accommodating, and I got $10 meal voucher in Minneapolis, $25 off my next flight with Delta, and dinner and breakfast at the hotel. It sucks that this happened because I was suppose to meet up with the rest of my group in Tokyo and go on to Taipei with them so the school could pick us up all at the same time, but now I have be picked up alone and taking to the school alone.

Needless to say, this is for sure the first of many adventures that I will have. I am still not sure what possessed me to actually do this, but once I get the Taiwan and figure things out I think I will find out.

1 comment:

Abigail said...

Ahhh, how exciting! Best of luck to you, Susan. I look forward to reading about your adventures :)